Pin It!

Friday, July 3, 2009

Work Day

Last night I had a beautiful brown eyed chocolate pinto polled AGS Nigerian Dwarf buck born to Lynne and Carson. He was a single birth and large. Lynne is a good mother and keeps him all to herself.
Today, with temperatures in the low 80's and with a good cloud cover, I worked with my Boer goats. I ran everyone through the goat worker, checking hooves, trimming tails and deworming those in need using the FAMACHA anemia guide. After running errands in Walnut Cove, Johnny raked and baled some round bales in our neighbor's, the Wentinck's, pasture. We'll do the rest of it once the threat of rain has passed. Our son, Andy, helped haul the bales to the hay barn. He was on holiday today from work so we benefited from his help. Yesterday, I met Renae Brabham of Renae's Floorcloths. She stopped by our farm to purchase some goat's milk soap. Take time to look at her blog, and admire her floorcloths. She has several completed cloths for sale and you can design a cloth for her to make. For all of you goat lovers (and others), I believe that she would make a beautiful floorcloth of your favorite goat or scene. She is very talented! I'm thinking of where I could use one myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts...