Pin It!

Monday, January 18, 2010

What's Happening On The Farm?

Today was beautiful and we took full advantage of the sunshine by working outdoors. We're still cutting and splitting wood. So far, we have cut and split 70 logs and we still have a lot to do. We'll do another 20 logs Tuesday and Wednesday while the weather is nice. The goats sure enjoyed the sunshine today. Everyone was lying in the sun taking full advantage of it too. There is a lot of mud and wet ground from the rain that we had on Saturday night in our bottom but they find higher, dryer ground to lounge around on. Still waiting on some Nigerian Dwarf goats to kid. Of course, they wouldn't kid today while the weather was so nice. I suppose they are waiting for the rain to come in on Thursday of this week. That's the way goats are. They will hold their babies in until the weather is terrible. I've got triplet Nigerian Dwarf doe bottle babies that are growing and doing well. Their mom, Annie, has an udder problem so they nurse from one side of her udder while I supplement them twice a day with a bottle. I believe she could raise all three on one side but I just feel better helping her out some. Had some Flemish Giant rabbits picked up today along with one Nigerian Dwarf kid. It seems as though everyone was out and about in this nice weather. Oh, I almost forgot. I bred rabbits today to have Easter bunnies. I already have requests for certain colors of lionhead and mini-rex bunnies. Tomorrow will be more rabbit breeding. I'll have all of my pet rabbits bred by tomorrow and will have to continue breeding the Tennessee Redback rabbits for about one week. I have approximately 23 Tennessee Redback does so it takes time for the two bucks to make their rounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts...