Pin It!

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Nubian Does

This evening, we again visited with Summer Ridge Dairy Goats in Cana, Virginia. They had just gotten back from an ADGA show in West Virginia and were busy unloading their trailer and goats. They showed some of their does, won many ribbons and had just purchased a new Nubian herdsire. They were wanting to cut back on the number of goats that they were milking and I purchased three Nubian milkers from them, two were two-year old first time fresheners and the other doe had just turned four. She is a heaviest milker of all. I also broke my personal rule of never buying kids. They were just too cute to resist. I bought two three month old twin doelings out of one of the two year olds that I purchased. Everyone made the trip home OK and went straight into the barn for a nightly feeding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts...