Workshop: The Business of Farming
|Apr 28, 2013||8:00 am||to||5:00 pm|
There are lots of workshops that teach you how to farm – how to grow vegetables efficiently, manage your pastures, care for your livestock, how to prune your fruit trees. But there are not a lot of workshops that teach you the basics of making your farming venture a success. When you are first starting out, you have tons of business questions that are hard to find answers to, such as:
-How to price your products
-How to sell your products – Wholesale vs. Retail
-Farmer’s Market selling techniques & booth set up
-Marketing, Advertising & Sales
-Web Marketing – social media, web sites, email marketing
-What types of insurance you need
-How to get financing
-How your local NC Extension Office can help you
Traci Nachtrab, co-owner of Lucky 3 Farm in Louisburg, NC will teach this workshop. She has a background is in corporate marketing and has successfully created and operated two small businesses. She has a passion for teaching others, so the idea of this business workshop was born!
We will also have several guest speakers with expertise in their fields, such as:
- Martha Mobley, Franklin County Extension Office
- Amy Mustian, AgCarolina
- Wayne Champion, NC Farm Bureau
- Jon Parks, Dijital Farm
Download the flyer about the all-day intensive Nuts & Bolts workshop. This workshop will be intense – with few breaks – because we will pack so much information into the program. Bring their laptop computer if you have one.
Location: Franklin County Extension Office (Louisburg NC)
- $25 discount for couples to share a notebook
- If you’d like to sign up, email me and then send a check for the full amount to Traci Nachtrab, 384 Greys Mill Rd, Louisburg NC 27549.
- Cancellation Policy: If you cancel 10 days before the class, you will get a 90% refund. If you cancel within 10 days of the class, there will be no refund.
- 5% of the proceeds will go to the Franklin County Livestock Association.
This workshop will NOT teach you how to farm. It will teach you how to successfully run your farm business. This workshop is for new farms and for existing small farms with an interest in increasing your farm business income and skills.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact Traci.